How long does it take to sell a house? That can be a tricky question to answer. There are so many variables that come into play, like price, condition, and location. Based on national averages, about 40% of homes sell within 30 days of listing. However, it can take up to 20% as long as four months.
Location, Location, Location: Of all factors that determine how long it takes to sell a house, location might be at the top of the list. Compare these geographical differences:
- Florida: In Tallahassee, most homes sell within the first 2 weeks of listing, some as quickly as 4 days.
- Georgia: The city of Alpharetta records a 50 day average for home sales in 2016.
- Colorado: Housing inventory is scarce in Denver. This is one of the key ingredients for a quick sale. The entire state’s population grew by more than 100,000 residents last year. Homes usually sold within their first 30 day listing period.
- Arizona: In 2015, Phoenix was a buyer’s market. The average time for a home to sell was about 6 months.
Why A Fast Sell? A quick sale might be desired for any number of reasons:
- Inherited property you don’t want to manage
- Rental property you know longer wish to manage
- To avoid foreclosure
- Employment relocation
Whatever the reason is, you could benefit from the assistance of a professional experienced in the latest methods and technologies to quickly and efficiently sell your house.
Property Investor: When a homeowner is interested in quick cash from the sale of a house, they may take a second look at partnering with a property investor. The question is most often, “Is this a win/win situation?” The case for a successful relationship between a homeowner and property investor also relies upon certain variables. Search for a company with years of experience, utilizing the latest industry technology and methods and has expertise in your particular niche market.
What To Expect: A property investor will use the latest technological tools and communication expertise to connect sellers to buyers. Sounds simple, right? By identifying prospective buyers who are interested in the particulars your property offers, a seller can quickly have the right eyes on their property. Property investors have also determined that they are ready to buy. A representative from the property investment company then helps guide the process of signing contracts and money exchanging hands. Such experience and professional expertise offers peach of mind to the seller throughout the closing process. Even a quick sell can be a secure sell, free of the most common stresses related to selling a home.
How You Benefit: What is just as valuable as the cash you are anticipating from the sale of a property? Your time. You don’t want to waste your time anymore than you want to waste your nickels. If you say to yourself, “I want to sell my house fast,” you know this is going to be a temporary situation fraught with demands of your time and attention. Your time is valuable whether it is spent making memories with loved ones or earning money through your business endeavors. Minimize your time investment yet still enjoy a lucrative return on your home sale by taking advantage of all a professional property investor has to offer.
Setting The Stage: Once you’ve found the right property investor partner, it’s time to prepare your home for the public eye. When time matters and you need to sell your home fast, another key ingredient is staging. A staged home sells twice as fast. Here are some tips to stage for a quick sale.
- Simple home improvements can increase home value and sales appeal. For example, add or upgrade a deck or porch or install a water feature in the back yard.
- Overpricing will cause unnecessary delays in offers. Price your home to sell without cheating yourself of its value.
- De-clutter to brighten and expand the perception of interior space. Clear off counters.
- Hire professional housekeepers and choose their most thorough cleaning option. Prospective buyers will be poking through obscure nooks and crannies you have long since become accustomed to ignoring.
- Repair wobbly steps, damaged trim, etc.
- Upgrade entry doors and appliances.
Your property investor representative can answer all those finely detailed questions to help you get your home primed and ready for the market. Set the stage properly and successfully sell your home fast.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!