When you are ready to sell your home, and you want to avoid the hassle and long wait time associated with a traditional sell, then you may begin looking into “cash for houses” buyers. While there are many advantages to using this type of buyer, there are also a few things you need to be aware of. For example, the hidden fees you may wind up paying that you knew nothing about.
The good news is, any legitimate, reputable cash for house buyers are not going to hit you with all these fees. By knowing what these fees are, it can help you know when you may be working with a less-than-honest buyer. It can also let you know when it is time to begin searching for someone else to purchase your home for cash.
Hidden Costs You May not be Aware Of
Some of the most common hidden costs associated with selling your house for cash, that you may not be aware of include:
- Acquisition agents: These are the individuals who “find” your home and you may be charged a fee for this discovery.
- Inspections coordinator: This doesn’t include the actual inspection itself, just the person who coordinates it.
- In-house title and attorneys: In most cases, the person buying the home should cover these costs.
- Closers: While closing costs are a given, they should be significantly lower when cash offers are given.
- Notaries: The notary can come to you or you can go to them to avoid additional fees.
In most cases, with reputable service providers, you won’t have to worry about these types of fees and charges; however, it is a good idea to be aware of them. When you know what to expect, you will be able to avoid paying to sell your house – after all, what’s the point of that?
Finding a Reputable Buyer
The good news is, not all companies are going to charge these extra fees when buying your house for cash. Instead, they are going to make the entire buying process as easy and straightforward as possible, ensuring you get the funds you need, quickly and without hassle.
When you begin searching for a buyer, make sure to keep in mind they are not all created equal. You have to find someone who knows what they are doing and who is going to be able to offer you a fair price for your home without gouging you with all the extra fees highlighted here.